The Cuyahoga County Public Library is doing something really smart for National Library Card Sign Up month this month – they’re using dogs to promote library cards!
One lucky Cleveland dog will become the new face of the Cuyahoga County Public Library after voting ends for the library’s Top Dog photo contest. The library ran the contest at the end of August, asking Clevelanders to submit their dogs for voting. The winner of this photo contest will be featured on a special edition library card for the Cuyahoga County Public Library this fall.
You can vote now for the winner of the contest (they’re no longer accepting entries) on their website: http://www.cuyahogalibrary.org/Events/Library-Card-Sign-Up-Month/Vote-for-LibraryTop-Dog.aspx (I, unfortunately, forgot to enter Hunter and Roscoe, but I guess that’s better for all the other dogs who have a chance at winning now.)
In addition to the Top Dog photo contest, the library will also be hosting an event on Friday, Sept. 11 at the Parma branch of the library from 3- 5:30 p.m. This is a dog friendly event, which will feature activities, photos, adoptable dogs, treats and raffles.
- The chance to have your dog’s photo on your very own library card. Visit the photo kiosk in the Parma-Snow Branch’s (2121 Snow Road) west parking to get your dog’s photo taken (photos stop at 5:30).
- Meet the service dogs of Wags 4 Warriors
- Stop by activity stations run by Process Canine with games for your dog
- Your dog can enjoy treats from PetPeople and Grateful Dog Bakery
- See the top 5 dogs from the contest strut their stuff for a panel of judges (including Cleveland Browns mascot Chomps) to decide the winner and new ambassador for Cuyahoga County Public Library.
- Raffles with prizes including a 20-minute animal communication session with Diane Weinmann, PetPeople prize pack, goodie basket from The Grateful Dog Bakery and more.
Visit http://www.cuyahogalibrary.org/Events/Event-Results/Event-Detail.aspx?id=71389 for more details on the event.